Grace Special Needs Ministry exists to minister and provide support to individuals and families with special needs. Our desire is to let every individual know that they are welcomed, cared for, and loved. We want each person to know Jesus and grow in a relationship with Him.
What Grace Special Needs Offers
- One-on-one buddies for kids in our Grace Kids Ministry! Our goal is to incorporate every child into a classroom that is developmentally or socially appropriate. We focus on having a consistent volunteer with each child so they can build a relationship with the child. We are also happy to work with parents to develop a unique plan for their child if their typical peer’s classroom is too overwhelming. This programming is available at all services at each campus!
- Grace Special Needs Adults Class for students and adults with special needs! This class meets during the last Sunday service at each campus. This class attends worship with the congregation at the beginning of service, and then heads to their classroom for a lesson designed with our adults with special needs in mind! At our South OP campus, there are two classes (our 9:30 class is intended for 6th-21 year olds, and our 11:00 class is intended for 22 year olds and older).
- Grace Students – Special Needs Grace Group is also available for students (grades 6-12) that want to attend our student ministry on Wednesday evenings, from 6:15-8:15pm. This is structured similarly to our adults class, with a social time before the service begins, worship with the whole student ministry, and then a small group time with the same lesson offered at a more accessible level. If your student does not need a buddy, they are welcome to attend Grace Students with their typical peers. Currently this group is only available at our student ministry at South OP and Olathe.
If you have an individual with special needs and would like to have them be a part of the Grace Special Needs Ministry, please email Tessa Bontrager at firstname.lastname@example.org to discover how we can best serve you and your family.
Our Ministry Partner – SOAR Special Needs Ministry
We also partner with SOAR Special Needs Ministry to offer a few additional events at Grace Church for families with special needs throughout the year:
- SOARly Needed R&R Nights: bi-monthly, themed respite nights free of charge
- SOAR Summer Day Camp: annual full day summer camp for individuals with special needs, held every July
- Wonderfully Made Conference: conference for families, ministry leaders, and professionals to have “strength for today, and hope for tomorrow”
If you would like more information about SOAR, please go to their website, soarspecialneeds.com!